Strategen has a long history of partnering with the land development industry to address environmental management issues, and to navigate environmental approvals processes and their links with planning approvals. Strategen has worked on land development projects ranging from small residential subdivisions to major residential and industrial estates, and has the expertise to support projects through their entire life cycle.
Strategen undertakes environmental impact assessments for land development projects or scheme amendments requiring approval under Western Australian and Commonwealth legislation. Strategen’s experience in undertaking land development environmental impact assessments includes:
- approvals strategies from scheme amendments through to clearance of subdivision conditions (depending on the existing land zoning, environmental values and proposed land use, including whether the project is likely to require assessment under Commonwealth legislation)
- identifying the environmental investigations required to support the impact assessment and preparing scopes of work and project managing sub-consultants
- liaising with agencies and other stakeholders regarding environmental issues and investigations
- preparing environmental impact assessment documentation, and
- helping proponents to respond to public submissions and appeals.
Management and compliance
Strategen prepares construction environmental management plans to support environmental impact assessments, to fulfil conditions of approval and to support proponents to implement their projects in an environmentally acceptable manner. Strategen is experienced in the preparation of management plans addressing:
- rehabilitation and weed management
- nutrient management and water-sensitive urban design
- wetland and wetland buffer management
- construction management including weeds, dust, noise, fauna translocation and dieback
- foreshore or conservation area management, and
- fire management for protection of infrastructure and conservation values.
Strategen also develops Environmental Management Systems and provides a construction support role to coordinate environmental management plan implementation, including rehabilitation works.
Strategen supports proponents by undertaking internal audits to allow self assessment and improved environmental management. We undertake independent compliance audits that report to the relevant agencies on compliance with licences and Ministerial Statements.
Strategen provides a range of stakeholder engagement services for land development projects. Our approach seeks to understand stakeholders’ interests and concerns early in the project life-cycle, to ensure they are properly considered in development of the proposals. We specialise in making complex issues easy to understand, and in providing appropriate engagement processes for environmentally and socially sensitive projects.