Extensive professional experience in the primary industry and land management sectors including:
- horticulture (eg. land and soil capability, fertiliser and irrigation programs for citrus, mango and stone fruit orchards)
- viticulture (eg. Independent Expert Reports, land and soil capability, fertiliser and irrigation programs)
- agriculture (eg. land capability, fertiliser programs, rehabilitation of degraded land, agroforestry)
- plantation forestry (eg. soil and land capability, plantation inventory, research programs, precision fertiliser programs, independent forester assessments and audits for bluegum, pine, sandalwood, teak plantations).
Strategen is experienced in determining land capability and can also provide, on behalf of companies in the primary industry, expert consultation and liaison to Government agencies in relation to all forms of environmental aspects and impacts.
This process may include:
- application of environmental principles including precautionary principle, inter-generational equity and pollution prevention
- option development and assessment
- establishment of sustainable criteria and indicators
- mitigation of environmental impacts (including offsets)
- current and future regulatory requirements and policies
- process transparency
- economic and financial considerations
- social considerations including community consultation and social impact.
Strategen provides practical advice on sustainability criteria, performance indicators and standards for land development and industry.